Saturday, October 9, 2010

Back to Jeremys

Friday morning we got up and made the trip back to our son Jeremy and daughter in law Sara's house so they could head out to the coast for an overnight date.
Kayla was still in school so we had to entertain Morgan.  She kept asked where her mommy was.  A few hours later it was time to go get Kayla from school.   After we got Kayla from school and we were walking back and of course we saw a snake and of course Morgan wanted to pick it up.  We made so noise so it would slither away. 
 When we got back home I had to take off my shoes and socks because I had a few sore toes. At the coast when I pulled my sock off  half my toe nail came off so on one toe so it was sore and then I had stubbed my other toes numerous times so they hurt so bad.  Anyway Morgan decided that she wanted to help me.  She ran to look for the tweezers and came back because she could not find them.  I was wonder what she was going to do to me.  So she had me come and help look for them.  She literally went through everything in the bathroom drawers looking for something that she could use on my toe.  I found some neosporin and a band aid and told her that would work fine.  She insisted on putting the band aid on for me.  It was quite comical.
 
Then the girls wanted us to go out back and turn on their waterfall.  Kayla was trying to help us figure it out but we never did.,   It is so cute because Morgan calls it "Klamath Falls" (that is where they used to live)\
We then went back in the house and I got on the computer to check email.  Kayla wanted me to play some games on the computer.  I told her I did not know how to play.  She said "Nana just bring it up and I will see if I can figure it out"  I was trying not to laugh at my 6 year old granddaughter wanted to help me on the computer. 
Marvin and I were just exhausted from the trip and we normally go to bed early.  We headed upstairs and Kayla read her book to me and Morgan was playing.  I noticed that Morgan was laying on the bed with a bracelet hanging out of her mouth,   I panicked and grabbed it so she would not swallow it and told her that she could not have it back.  She put her toys aside ,laid down and said "I am mad at you" and feel asleep.  I felt so bad. 
Saturday morning Morgan was up early and so was Marvin so they hung out downstairs until Morgan wanted to come back upstairs.  She then got a nosebleed (which she gets often)  Jeremy and I have the same problem.  Anyway she did not want me to help her because she knew what to do,  She was acting so old for a 4 year old. 
Jeremy and Sara were back early morning because I think they missed the girls too.  We didn't have much time to visit because Marvin was going to the football game with Holly.  When we arrived home we found 5 sleepy guests in our living room because they had went to game day that morning at 5 am.  I was so glad to be home and then to top it off I had the house to myself after they all left so I could get laundry done and watch the Oregon Ducks on TV. 

It was a wonderful time away and we are glad to be home. 

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Morning Janet,
Sounds like your vacation did exactly what it was suppose to do...give you a good time but then make you ready to be home again and ready to go with life.
Your grandaughters sound sooo adorable. I see you have an up and coming Nurse and computer analyst possibly!! lol
Don't kids just crack you up.... they
are so cute and so serious, just pull it up and I'll try to figure it out....that is so darn cute!!

So happy you both had such a nice time, Now go get the laundry done.
and have Fun doing it!! lol
Blessings hon, Nellie

Sister Susie said...

Isn't it amazing how long time seems to be to children! I get much of that at school. They can be in school 30 minutes and are asking when is lunch!

I surely hope your toes get to feeling better! Sometimes mine feel numb (on my shorter leg) when I stand for a long time.

My computer time: the dogs can be all over the house, but let me get on the computer and they all congregate around me, under the table, on my feet, behind my chair and I can't move it. Then my cat climbs up the back of my tall computer chair! I just hoe she never "snags" me with those sharp claws!

Tell me about the jewelry! I am constantly at school having the little girls take it off and put it into their backpacks. Our handbook tells the parents they are not to wear it to school, but...

I know the peace and quiet of home is a haven of rest! I know mine is!

Love and hugs to you,
Susie

Toia said...

This a wonderful post. I enjoyed reading it. I had to smile a few times beacause Kayla and Morgan remind me so much of my daughter (who tends to act more mature than her age) but in a good way. I am glad that after every thing was said and done, you were able to get the house to yourself. But even after all of that, I know you wouldn't trade it for the world. :) Blessings to you and thanks again for such a great read!!!