Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Friday Morning

This is truly one of the Fridays that is "Thanks goodness it is Friday." The weather is okay but I want it to cool down more. Today it is about 56 now and is supposed to be 77 by this afternoon and then in the 80's all next week.

Good News
We did not have to replace our sewer line and we were able to patch it for 500.00. That was the best news.

Not good not bad news

We had to go ahead and harvest our pumpkin patch and our backyard is all torn up.


Kayla and Morgan were here to help. They had on their new boots to help.



Morgan just wanted to pick up spiders and snails She was really scaring me. She picked up a grandaddy long legs by one leg and put it in her collection bag. She was so gentle with it. I was about ready to scream. icky icky spider and bugs (except for ladybugs)



Have a blessed weekend!
Janet

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
Glad you got better news about the sewer issue. Those type of problems can be quite expensive, so sounds a bit better. Looks like you have a nice crop of pumpkins there. Wonder how long it will take the green ones to turn orange or will they?? You can always paint them if need be!! lol
Sorry your yard is all messed up, and hope it grows back soon. Course, things don't tend to repair themselves in the yard quite as well in the Fall/winter season, but maybe!!
Have a Great Weekend my friend,
Blessings and Love, Nellie

Sister Susie said...

Yowl! Spiders! I go crazy every time I find one in the house. Even the dogs run from me when I get my fly swatter! One thing I learned, fly swatters don't work if the spiders are on the carpet! I can't believe they bounce right back and run off faster!! If you could only see me, you'd probably think I was a woman gone mad!! When I finally accomplished the task, I turn to see the dogs sitting there looking at me with a look of, "What is the matter with you!" LOL!
Lots of hugs,
Susie

Rachel said...

I love all the pumpkins!

If I was closer I'd have to come check some of them out.

Sorry about the yard.

And thank you for the sweet birthday wishes for Samuel.

God's blessings to you!