Friday, August 20, 2010

Being Thankful


Yesterday I was full of peace and contentment but I did not get a chance to write what I was thankful for. So here is my list

I am thankful for my Lord and Savior who has guided me to the scriptures that I needed to work out some personal issues and stay focused on his work and stay on a path of righteousness.

I am thankful for my BLOG friends for encouraging and inspiring me to be more positive and thankful.

I am thankful that the lesion that I have was not skin cancer.

I am thankful for my husband, my best friend who is my rock.

I am thankful for a friend "you know who you are" that lets me cry on her shoulder.

I am thankful Marvin and I both have jobs.

I am thankful to get a call last weekend out the blue from brother Danny.

I am thankful for all the calls from my sister Joyce and my Mom. They are always there when I need them the most.

I am thankful that we have telephones so we can hear our Georgia families voices and get to talk to our grandkids.

I am thankful that the weather has cooled off and Fall is approaching.

Have a Fabulous Friday.....

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

HI JANET,
WHAT A WONDERFUL THANKFUL LIST!!
ISN'T IT JUST AMAZING ALL THE THINGS YOU REALIZE WHEN YOU REALLY FOCUS ATTENTION ON LOOKING FOR BLESSINGS.
IT TRANSFORMS OUR LIVES IN TRULY
AMAZING WAYS. SO GLAD TO SEE YOU DO THIS, YOU GO GIRL!!
HOPE YOU HAVE A SIMPLY DELIGHTFUL WEEKEND MY FRIEND, AND THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT TO ME!!
LOVE AND BLESSINGS, NELLIE

Sister Susie said...

I can't thank Nellie enough for giving me your blog address! It is such a blessing from our LORD and I can't thank Him enough that we can share with one another. I thank him so much for blessing you and the lesion not being cancer! Thank you, Jesus. I pray the LORD's continued blessings on you and yours,
Susie

grammy said...

Great list and reminder (o:
we need to focus on those things more often