Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Excellent Books

I really have been missing out. I am so in to my Amish Books I was not aware of this author. Her name is Francine Rivers. My mom told me how good her book "Her Mothers Hope" was so I ordered a copy. I could not put the book down. She is a Christian author. I learned so many lessons in this book. I cannot wait for the conclusion which will be out this fall.




Since I enjoyed that book so much I headed to the Christian bookstore on Sunday and bought her book "Redeeming Love" that was highly recommended by the salesgirl. Once again I could not put it down. This book was a stand alone book but I wish it was a series.




I am forever a fan of Francine Rivers. I bought another stand alone book and I am looking at the Lion series.

6 comments:

grammy said...

I do like her
but I go in spurts....haven't read her last two
for some reason I am re-reading stuff on my shelf (o:

The FitzGerald Family said...

Thanks for the book review. I recently purchased "Redeeming Love," and am waiting for my schedule to lighten up slightly so I can devour it.

Liz in CA

Sister Susie said...

I've been reading too; my new math curriculum. I got my plans done for the year in Reading and Math. I need to take a break and read some of the books you shared. They sound very exciting!
Take care,
Susie

NanaNor's said...

Hi Janet, I have read many of Francine River's older books; in fact she lived in the area we used to live in. I too love all Amish books though and am trying to be careful not to buy too many books.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Noreen

Rachel said...

Thanks for the reviews. I never know what books to read, and I don't want to end up reading something not appropriate.

Have a blessed day!

Nellie's Cozy place said...

MORNING JANET,
GLAD YOU ARE HAVING SO MUCH FUN READING. I HAVE HEARD OF FRANCINE RIVERS BUT HAVE NEVER READ ANY OF HER BOOKS BEFORE, SOUNDS GOOD THO!!
YES, WE DID HAVE QUITE A WEEK!! LOL
THANKS FOR COMING BY HON AND HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!!
HOW ARE THINGS WITH YOUR DAUGHTER??
AND YOUR FRIEND DIANA??
BLESSINGS HON,
NELLIE