Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Slice of Heaven at the Oregon Coast

Yesterday Marvin and I along with Jeremy, Sara, Kayla and Morgan all took off and went to the Coast. Marvin and Sara walked up to get our parking permits when Marvin ran into someone that was from Omaha Nebraska. She has a married daughter lives in Nebraska City. Wow it is such a small world. I was born and raised in Nebraska City.
Anyway we were ready for the hike and the morning had cleared off beautifully for a great day at the beach.
They all started up the path to the lighthouse leaving Nana in the rear.

The girls stopped to pose

It was sunny but cool

and then from the path the girls stop to see the a glorious site

We get the lighthouse and look through the high powered telescopes to see the sea lions and the birds


We head back down the hill but stop for some pictures

Then it time to play in the ocean.....It was so cold....




It is time for a picnic



What a a slice of Heaven at the Oregon Coast.
Stay tuned for part 2 when we stop and go hunting for crawdads....

5 comments:

grammy said...

wonderful
beautiful!!!
is it always cold water there?
someday maybe I will get to see Oregon (o:
picnics and kids...recipe for perfection

Alleluiabelle said...

It looks like so much fun my friend! I've never seen the ocean so you took me there. Your family is beautiful just as your heart.

Thank you for your visiting my blog and lifting us up in prayer.

Blessings,
Alleluiabelle

Sister Susie said...

Such beautiful pictures! I wonder when cameras will have 3-D to the pictures you take. I was amazed when I went to Israel and took pictures of the depth and breadth of the mountains and valleys. It is God's blessings to give our eyes the ability to see the beauty in 3-D! I'm so happy for the joy you shared with this outing!
Blessings on you and yours,
Susie

Rachel said...

Beautiful pictures. Lovely.

Thank you for your kind words on my blog regarding Samuel. It is so encouraging to have such a body of believers gather round and pray and share and love.

I am grateful.

Have a wonderful Monday.

Rachel

NanaNor's said...

Hi Janet, Love the photos of the coast. I do miss Ca. coast but not the cold water. How fun to spend time with your family and grands.
Tell your daughter I love the topical relief I got-for the mosquito bite problems. Wish I could just get them to stop biting me. Have a wonderful week.
Noreen