Saturday, June 5, 2010

I saw God today

This morning I have had a chance and the inspiration to write a few pages in my novel. I am really wanting to get it finished.

We got good news about my friend Diane. below is her journal from this morning

"It seems that coffee may be the cure to brain injuries. Full strength, unleaded, sugar and creamer deluxe arrived on Diane's breakfast tray this morning. And then it happened...​
Eyes flew open. Nostrils flared slightly, tongue licked lips and she was ready for breakfast.
A​fter careful positioning of her hospital bed and overbead tray, Diane dismissed her nurse's assistance and enjoyed a bowl of tasty oatmush and cup of coffee.....​independent​ly! She raised the cup to her lips and then with her left hand, adjusted the straw into postion. She used the side of her fork to cut nanas into bite sized pieces and enjoyed the fresh fruit.
Her words were few but were clear and coherent. And in the present.
No fever this morning. Pulse normal. AWESOME DAY!!!
Thanks be to our God, mighty and faithful, who allows us to see his healing work."


So we are overwhelmed with the joy that God is healing Diane.

This morning when we walked the Dog I saw God. I saw God in in all the beautiful things that sometimes I miss, the beautiful flowers, people enjoying the sun, kids playing outside, the beautiful green grass from all this rain, and the beautiful blue sky.

Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Blessings Janet, What a wonderful grateful post today; so thankful for the recovery your friend is making. I loved your heart seeing God is so many things-thank you for sharing.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Noreen

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
so glad to hear the good news about your friend Diane. That is so great.
That is so neat how you were so aware of the presence of God in all the things you saw today. I love seeing nature just for that reason.
It is so reassuring that He is there.
Have a great Sunday, and that is great you are working on your novel. Good for you.
Blessings, Nellie
Thanks for all the sweet and encouraging comments you have left recently, they are a blessing hon.

grammy said...

sounds great
she is coming along nicely
what novel?
I am to new to know about it I guess

Sister Susie said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
Praise Him ye creatures here below!
Praise Him above ye Heavenly Host!
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost! Amen, So Be It!

God is Faithful. I am so proud of Diane's responses that you shared in your blog, Janet! God is Good all the time; all the time God is Good.

Isn't it great when we receive God's blessings! We see Him in everything! Oh, that I can keep my eyes on Him always!

Blessings on you and yours,
Susie

Sister Susie said...

I meant to answer your question from my blog! Tomorrow is the last day with the children. We have really had some fun the last couple of days. It's a shame the little ones can't have more of this kind of interaction rather than just "hitting the books" all of the time! My last day is Thursday. I'm really ready for some days of REST! Then I'll get in gear to get my plans for the year done so I don't have to worry with it during the school year.
Blessings and hugs,
Susie