Thursday, June 10, 2010

Finding Joy

Yesterday was another really hard day for me. I spend periods of the day in tears. I am not sure what is going on except missing my family and my sister Joan that refuses contact with me (for 10 years). These things are really weighing on heavy on me.

Yesterday I had several "pep talks" from my friends and Marvin. On the way work as I was crying all of a sudden God took control and I started to think of talking to my grand kids in Georgia the day before. So by the time I got to work I was smiling and laughing about talking with 2 year Logan while he was eating popcorn and Emma on speaker phone telling Papa that she doesn't sing the last part of the ABC song anymore. I was okay for the most part during the day but I was training someone and answering a lot of questions throughout the day so I did not have time to cry that is until I got home then I unleashed it all on Marvin. Poor Marvin he had no idea I was feeling this bad. He gave me a talk. I really had my self all worked up and headed to bed early.

This morning as I was on the treadmill I was thinking of how I was only going to think of what I have and all the good that is coming in the next few days. Once again the Holy spirit touched me and said daughter follow me. I was reminded of Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your hear and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

So I am ready to head of to work today. I will be off early for my first good thing. I get to spend some time with my daughter Holly.

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
Good for you that you are choosing joy over the circumstances. It is okay to cry sometimes tho, I think it is like a cleansing from within,
and there is even a scripture that says God bottles up our tears.
Wow, I think I must have a warehouse full from over the years.
I just want to say because I have had many family issues with my family of origin, that if you have done all you know to do to make things right with her, then the only thing left is to pray for her. One scripture that has helped me a lot is in Romans12:18,
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. I believe there are times when you can only be at peace with people by loving them from afar. I too, believe that sometimes the Lord removes people from our lives because they are not good for us spiritually.
Hope you have a wonderful time with Holly. You are probably missing Jennifer as well.
Blessings Sweet Sister,
Nellie

grammy said...

I was so sad to hear how sad you have been
I am so spoiled having my Grands right here in my town...I know it means so much to have that contact.
Glad your hubby is there for you (o:
Sometimes we just need to cry things out...hard as it is...it can be a cleansing too.
Blessings and hugs to you friend ((hugs))

Sister Susie said...

I'm so glad the LORD has returned joy to you. I'm sorry I haven't been blogging much this week due to the flu bug I got 11:00 the last day of school with the kids!! My energy has been totally zapped! I like to keep up so I can pray for my blogger friends! Know that I am praying for you.
Blessings on you and yours,
Susie