Saturday, May 8, 2010

Thank you God for my mom


When I think of my mom I can't help but smile (and yes we do look alike). She has been through so much and if you don't know her you would never know it. She has great strength and faith. Married young and having 3 young daughters she soon was a widow. But God had a plan. He sent us girls a new dad. She married again and had a son who went to be with Jesus soon after his birth. Soon after that she faced a daughter that was seriously ill (that would be me.) I had a lot of anxiety even back then. My mom was there every minute to help nurse me back to good health. She went on to give us two more brothers. Soon we were a family of seven. Mom was very involved with us girls in Girls Scouts and was in the PTA. She also has a servants heart. I can't tell you how many meals she has fixed and around the Holidays she always has been the host. If someone did not have a place to go they were always invited to our house. She always made sure they had a leftovers sent home with them too. Sounds like a perfect mom huh? yes as close to perfect as you can get. She taught me so much. Although this is a small glimpse into her life I just thank God that he gave me this mom. I love you Mom!

2 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Happy Mother's Day Janet,
to you and your sweet Mom.
She sounds like a Sweetie!
Does she live nearby so you get to
see her today??? Hope so!
Have a Wonderful day hon,
Blessings, Nellie

Sister Susie said...

Happy Mother's Day, Janet, to you and your mom. Give her a hug for me. Have a great day!
Blessings to you and yours,
Susie