Sunday, May 16, 2010

Part 3- Saturday-the lighthouse

So make sure you read part one and part two before continuing.

Half way up 1/4 of a mile of the steep trail there was a gift shop with cold drinks. (thank goodness) we stopped in got some water bought a few things and moved on. What a breathtaking wonder we saw.

We arrived at the old lighthouse (built in 1775). We rest a bit and marvel at the beautiful sight.

until Marvin had a phone call from a friend about the upcoming horse race




any way we go get in line for the tour of the lighthouse. When I found out it was only 58 steps I said lets go for it (the new more fit Janet said that)


catching my breath at the top


breathtaking pictures from the windows of the lighthouse


we did not have time to walk on the beach but we had our a few moments to enjoy this beautiful creation.
Our problems earlier that morning were all forgotten as they were replaced by a beautiful day that we spent together at the Oregon Coast.

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Beautiful pictures, it looks so peaceful and relaxing. the light house looked neat too. what a nice trip, looks like you guys had a very nice day.
Good for you!! and good for you that you climbed all those stairs.
That treadmill walking is starting to change your life!! lol
Have a great week hon,
and thank you for your prayers!
Blessings, Nellie

Jennifer Thom said...

I am so proud of you. I am looking forward to seeing you in June. Maybe, we can get up early and go for a nice LONG walk:)

Sister Susie said...

What beautiful pictures! I saved your first picture to my landscape file.

You are really fit! I don't think I would have made it up 1/4 mile!

I liked the color of the bricks inside the lighthouse. It looked new.

Take care and enjoy your venture!
Blessings to you and yours,
Susie