Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

Mothers day was also a great day. I got up and this was waiting for me.

That is right Max and Baby kitty had a card and some scratch offs waiting for their mommy.
So Kayla helped me scratch them off

(we won about 8 dollars)
Holly arrived and this is what we did



We listened to Kayla read and Holly played some games with the girls.
I made some Ham poppy seed sandwiches for lunch while Jeremy and Marvin did this

My gift from Jeremy was fixing the roof. This was just in time too since we just had a thunderstorm and the heavy rain.
We laughed so hard when Kayla wanted Holly to read the "12 days of Christmas Book" and Holly assigned us all a part of the song. It was so funny to do this on Mothers Day but it made my day. I think we will do this when Jennifer and her family are back next month.
I just got off the phone with my mom back in Nebraska and we chatted for a while. (she also had a very nice day)
The family all has gone home and I got a much needed nap. I am a very blessed mother and grandmother. What a great weekend!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that your are the mother of our three children you did a great job raising them all with Godly values. I Love You

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Morning Janet,
Sounds like you had a wonderful day.
What a nice gift for your son to help hubby do your roof. That saves a bundle of money. My son and some of his friends helped my hubby do that some years ago, it was a job but it was worth it cause roofs last a long time but cost a bundle of $$.
I am thinking that anonymous comment must be from Marvin......How Sweet,
were you surprised>????
Have a good week ahead hon,
Blessings, nellie

grammy said...

What a great Mothers day...kids on your lap
hubby fixing the roof
what more could we ask for (o:
Love that scrapbook that spells mom
what a lot of hard work that would be

Sister Susie said...

Shows where my brain is! Your cute pictures and the mention of scratch off; my first thought was scratch and sniff stickers! Lol! You can see my brain stays on kindergarten level even when I'm home, ha! I know you had an enjoyable day! I did too. My niece makes a really good vegetable lasagna (all FRESH vegetables!) Any time spent with family is wonderful. Anonymous' comment reminds me in Proverbs where it says that a Godly mother's children will grow up to call her blessed.
Blessings on you and yours,
Susie

NanaNor's said...

Hi Janet, I love your new header-what a great photo. Happy Belated Mother's Day. Sounds like you had a delightful day. Have a good week as well. Thank you for your prayers and love.
Hugs, Noreen