Sunday, May 2, 2010

Feeling Calm-Test Results

For the past three weeks I have identified in my own self reflections of things that I need to work on. I am calling this Heart to Heart because it is from my heart to Jesus heart. I am realizing more and more that I have so many issues that I really to need recognize them and work on them. I am embarrassed by some but it helps me along the way writing it down. I also get comments on how other people struggle and deal with the same issues.
Week 1- letting yourself be loved
Week 2- worrying
Week 3- humility

Last week I had my mammogram and bone density test. Normally I am so worried with the what ifs. But I felt calm during and after the test. I had prayed and asked God to walk beside me and comfort me. I really was not even worried about the results because I knew that God would walk with me no matter the outcome. My Mammogram was normal but my Bone density test was abnormal. I have Osteopenia which is a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal. It is considered by many doctors to be a precursor to osteoporosis. However, not every person diagnosed with Osteopenia will develop osteoporosis. I should have seen it coming because I am not a milk drinker, I do not eat much yogurt, or eat ice cream. I constantly stress my self out, do not exercise and eat a lot of salt. When I was researching the some of the causes it was everything that I listed above. It is not too late to turn this around. So what I am going to do about it? Exercise (walking and weight bearing exercises are good, quit worrying, and reduce my salt intake. My Doctor has me taking a Calcium & Vitamin D supplement. I am also going to lose this weight. I will keep you posted with my results.

2 comments:

Sister Susie said...

Thank you for sharing about yourself, Janet. I need to keep better care of myself. Since it is just me, I don't eat much, but the weight still doesn't "go away!" I'm pretty good at eating yogart, "Ensure" should I dare say, ha! I need to eat more vegetables. My major downfall is I don't exercise at all. I usually get home from work, drop, and sleep for about 45 minutes. Then I get busy with things I need to do for the next day's school activities. There is so much I bring home to do, or it wouldn't get done! We are doing shoe box habitats this week. So, I've been running off different regional areas for the backgrounds.
Thank you for the reminders in your blog. I will try to do better as well! I thank the LORD your mammogram came out well. I will be praying for you and our LORD's blessings on you.
Blessings to you and yours,
Susie

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Morning Janet,
That is so great that you did not worry, see you are improving hon!!
We are not as bad as we used to be,
yet we are not as good as we are
gonna be!! It's all a process, but you are so wise to be working with the Lord to grow, some people just think they can sit back and God will do it all. Well, he does all the most important stuff but He certainly expects us to partner with him to help the process. I always say we can do it the easy way or the hard way. I consider partnering with the Lord the easy way!! lol
Hope you have a wonderful week ahead, blessings, Nellie