Monday, April 26, 2010

Heart to Heart Week 3- Humility

" if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV

God want us to be humble. What is humility? This is what I found in the dictionary.
1.not proud or arrogant
2.having a feeling of insignificance, inferiority, subservience, etc
3.low in rank, importance, status, quality, etc.
4.courteously respectful

I read an article that asked these questions about being humble.
1. Do you take an opportunity to claim credit for things that you are involved in?
2. Do you like to be right and prove what you know?
3. Maybe you think your job role is more important than the next person or that you smarter than them?
4. Are you proud of your accomplishments or do you ever brag about things you do or can do?

BIG GULP......yes for me I have issues with being humble. I especially always like to be right all the TIME......

So this week I am going to learn how to be humble.

God says when you are humble, you are free from pride and arrogance. You know that in your flesh you are inadequate, yet you also know who you are in Christ.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast."
Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV

2 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Wonderful post Janet and a good reminder for each of us. In our world where many people proclaim all the good things they do, it is hard to forget to walk the path He walked.
Thank you for this-I needed it.
Hugs, Noreen

Sister Susie said...

Thank you, Janet for reminding me of the things I need to give over to the LORD. No matter how hard I try to be humble unto the LORD, there is always things in my life that I need to work on. God Bless you as you share these life lessons. Thank you for your encouraging comment on my blog.
God's Blessings on your and yours,
Susie