Saturday, April 10, 2010

Heart to Heart Dare: Allow yourself to be loved

Since we have been done with the Love Dare for a while I decided it was time to review and add some areas that I need work on. So for this week I am going to work on "Allow yourself to be loved."

We have had a few sermons on allowing yourself to be loved. It is not only by God but by everyone. What is wonderful about God is he loves us unconditionally, we can do anything in his eyes and be forgiven. So why is is so hard to allow this love. Sometimes I feel unworthy and feel like I don't deserve that love. But I know the truth and all I need to do is accept it at all times.

In my personal life I feel this way too sometimes. I guess it happens when someone says something and it hurts my feelings. I truly know in my heart that they love me but sometimes I can feel that shield going up.

I picked the verse from John below to help me remind me.

John 13:34-35 (New International Version)

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

1 comment:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Sometimes I think some of us have been so hurt by others when we were younger maybe or even as adults, that sometimes we don't let the good in, oh, we hear the negative things people say, but somehow the good ones go right over our heads. I have heard it said that it takes 10 good remarks to undo the damage of 1 negative remark, if that is true, then no wonder we have a hard time.
One time I was going thru a pile of cards that I had been given for my birthday and was just so struck by the nice things people had said in the cards but that they hardly registered with me, and I felt like the Lord said that is because you only let the bad in, not the good!! Now that made me sit up and take notice. Somewhere and somehow along the way but God....
He has done a work in me where I just see good things happening to me all the time, that I really think I just didn't see before because of my own feelings of hurt and rejection. God truly does heal the broken hearted and sometimes it is so supernatural that you just can't explain it really. Cause He is awesome!
That is neat that you are working on that, cause you are a nice person and I am sure you give a lot of love to your family, and you should have some in return as well, and you probably have but maybe haven't been able to receive it. I read once where it said a closed hand can't receive a blessing, how true is that, neither can a closed heart!!
Will be praying for the Lord to open your heart and hands wide open to what He and others want to do to love you and give you.
Blessings Galore,
Nellie