Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter memories when I was a little girl

When I was a little girl to me Easter was going to Church, a pretty Easter dress complete with a hat and gloves, dying Easter Eggs, An Easter basket with lots of candy, a lot of family after Church for Dinner and an Easter egg hunt. I grew up in the Catholic faith and as I got older I realized the true reason we were celebrating. I have the most wonderful memories.

1963 I am in the middle 3 years old

1965 I am in the green dress age 5

1968 age 8 yellow dress

1 comment:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
How cute are your pictures. Yep, I remember to the Easter dress with the hat and gloves. So cute!
We didn't go to church tho, but sometimes I went with my neighbors to church. That is how I became a christian thru the love and witness of our christian neighbors.
But we had Easter baskets and egg hunts. That is one special and good memory I have of my maternal grandmother who lived with us was she would hide Easter Eggs over and over for us. (She wasn't a very nice Grandmother most of the time), so it is nice to have that remembrance and also that she played games with me too! Guess she was trying at times!! lol
Hope you have a Wonderful Easter,
blessings, Nellie