Saturday, March 6, 2010

Meet Brenda


Meet Brenda. We don't know her well yet but we will. We are her sponsor. She lives in Kenya. I am so excited about this opportunity to help. Marvin and I searched through all children that need sponsors and decided we wanted a girl around 6 years old. This was a heartbreaking search as I wished we could help more than one but when we read Brenda's profile out hearts were breaking and I was trying not to cry.
Brenda's mom is a single mother and there are 8 children at home. Brenda is 6 almost 7 with her birthday next week. She is very small for her age. She is not in school. I am hoping with our sponsorship that she can start school. I love her and I wish I could hug her. This is going to be a family affair and I love that my family can all pray for her and love her even though we are thousands of mile away. I can't wait to write her a letter and get to communicate with her. If you would like to sponsor a child here is the link. I will post updates as they come in.

No comments: