Friday, March 5, 2010

Baring my soul (me Janet)

I often wonder why I was born into this life here in America. Why wasn’t I born into a third world country struggling with everyday life? I have been praying about this and I think the answer is really simple. God bestowed my blessings on me so he could see what I would do with them. Am I giving enough? Giving not only means my money, time, it means sharing the word of Jesus. I can honestly say no. I do give but it is not enough. I do serve but it is not enough. I have more treasures than I need. This world has totally corrupted everything into to materialism and I am caught up in it. Now relatively speaking I am a simple girl or was a simple girl. In fact Marvin just asked me the question what happened to the simple girl that he married? The simple girl that didn’t have to have much and it didn’t even really bother me. I am still a “plain Jane”
We live in a comfortable house that was good to raise 3 kids in but I want a newer home. Our house is 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It is so much more than a lot of people have. I need to be content like I used to be. My goal in life was to be a wife and mother and I accomplished my goal at the age of 24. We raised 3 good kids that have strong values, God and family. All 3 of my kids were good kids and never got into any trouble. They still are good kids and bring me so many joys.

Wow, I am really pouring out my soul here. I just need to be content with what I have instead of what I don’t have because you see I really do have everything I need.

Have you heard the love of money is the root of all evil? I think it is so true. The more you make the more you spend. Money does not make you happy.

I need to open my eyes all the way now and live my life the way Jesus wanted me to.
So what I am going to do to change this. I am going to pray about it and let God lead me. I need to listen and he will show me the way. It may come to me immediately or it may come to me over time. You see God knows everything about me and you.

Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths

2 comments:

Sister Susie said...

Beautiful insights, Janet. I have in the past questioned, "Why did the LORD choose me?" (Before the world was, He knew me!) He could have just as easily chosen another in my place. This makes me feel truly blessed by my Holy God. I also have found the things of the world can be enticing. I at one time collected Beenie Babies and soon the LORD made me realize I was becoming obsessed with it. So, I stopped. I (in the passed year) have started giving $100.00 above my tithe. Not because I was looking for any return from God, but because I was so thankful for what He has done for me. Looking back on the year I can't believe the blessings that have occurred! I have found it to be true that you can't outgive God!
I have been praying for Colby. I pray all is well with him.
Yes, I did enjoy my birthday last weekend. This weekend we are celebrating my brother's (Nellie's hubby!) Just think, these 70 years or so that we live, place that number over infinity, and that shows what a speck of time we spend on this earth! We want to live for Christ the best we can with the guidance of the Holy Spirit!! Have a blessed day!
Love and hugs in the LORD!
Susie

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
What a great post, and it is so true about being content with what we have. I too marvel at the fact, that we are so blessed to live here.
I think just like you say the Lord blesses us, so we can be a blessing to others, and I am sure you are a true blessing to your family, and to others, but maybe the Lord is just stretching you a bit, which is always a good thing.
I think we have to be so careful
because in this world there will always be someone who has less than us and someone who has more
than us. I have found that I need to be happy when I see other people get blessed, rather than thinking gee, I wish I had that or that this would happen to me.
When those ugly thoughts start to rise, I think No, you just need to be happy for them, no if's, no an's, not buts about it. We accept a lot of thoughts the enemy brings as our own sometimes, and we have to learn to take them captive. I learned that from having other people not be happy for me when something good happens.
Have you ever been so excited about something God did, maybe it was something really neat in your relationship with Him or your husband, and had someone said well, I wish the Lord would do that for me, or I sure wish my husband treated me like that or
wish I could afford to do that.
Doesn't that just take the wind right out of your sails, and makes you sort of lose your joy a lil bit. I don't want to do that to anyone else, so I asked the Lord to help me with it, and so many times when I am about to say or type something that remotely sounds like that, I get a check in my spirit, and I change what I was gonna say or type, and you know what it has truly been a blessing to me, cause it is taking any discontent right out of my heart.
It is so neat the things the Lord teaches us and how he shows us how insidious these things are. It's like the scripture says "The lil foxes spoil the vines" sometimes something can seem like a small thing but can really be our ruination. Good for you that you have eyes to see, ears to hear and a heart that wants to do the right thing. Blessings Abundant Hon, Nellie