Saturday, February 6, 2010

Girl Scouts

My Granddaughter Emma is a Daisy Scout this year and will be selling girl Scout cookies.



I was a Girl Scout years ago. I can't remember there being Daisy Scouts at that time. When we sold cookies back in the day we were able to walk safely door to door. They still make my favorite Do-Si-Dos. My mom was also a leader so we were very involved. I have a lot of very special memories. I still have my sash when when I was a Junior scout with my badges and buttons. Below is a picture from 1967 of my sister Joyce and I in our uniforms. (no laughing please) I am on your left.

2 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
How cute! I was in the girl Scouts but only for a short time!
I was just reading somewhere in a magazine the other day......they were asking was people thought of when they thought of February and
someone said "Girl Scout Cookies".
Thought that was a riot! Yea, we
have some girl scouts in our neighborhood who visit us every year, didn't realize it was in
February tho. Better be thinking on which cookies to get. I usually buy them and give them to my daughter and her room mate.
Have a great weekend.
We are about to commence stripping wallpaper in our dressing area!
Wish us luck!
Blessings, Nellie

Sister Susie said...

There's nothing like the Mint chocolate! Being a teacher, I usually have previous students who are in the scouts come by to let me buy some. This year I'll be looking for "fat free" if there is such a kind. I never was in the scouts. My brother was. Have a great day!
Susan