Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Dental Experience

I just got home from the dentist with bad news. This appointment was to fix a decay under my bridge (which was just replaced last year) They had to remove some of the tissue to get to the tooth. I guess they had to remove more tissue than originally they thought and I bleed alot. I am still numb so I don't feel any pain but they gave me vicodon and told me to take it to stay on top of the pain. I was not aware I was going to be in so much pain. The Dentist also told me that this tooth has had a root canal and therefore weakens it every time they do something to it. He is not sure he got all the decay and believes that I need to have the bridge removed and have the tooth built up. I cannot afford another 3000.00 for a replacement bridge so it is a wait and see what is going to happen. My regular dentist was not there today so they are reviewing everything with him to see if they can make it right since he fixed the decay in that tooth last year before I got the new bridge. So I am praying that it holds up and I am not in a lot pain. I called my supervisor and let her know I may not be in tomorrow if I have to be on the pain meds. I would be too loopy (more than usual) So that is my Dental experience.

2 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
Oh wow, sorry to hear that. These
dental procedures can cost and arm and a leg. Will be praying they can fix whatever the problem is easily,
and you want have to do that.
I really need braces but it is $6,000 and I would have to look like a teenager for 2 years, and I am not sure it would solve the problem either. At 57, almost 58 that seems like a big waster of $$ to me, so just praying about what to do if anything.
Hope your meds keep you out of pain and you have a nice restful day tomorrow, then you can be as loopy as you want!! lol
Blessings, Nellie

Sister Susie said...

I pray the LORD will heal your tooth and the surrounding tissue. I hope the medicine is assisting your pain. I will place you and your great nephew on my daily prayer list.
Susan