Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A priceless surprise

Last weekend I received the most wonderful gift ever. It was a big surprise. It was in a big envelope that came in the US mail. When I opened it I had no idea what it was. Later I found out my siblings and all the grand kids also got one. What was it? It is a recipe book of my mom and dads most prized recipes. They include some of my grandmas recipes too. I treasure this gift not only because I collect cookbooks, but because these foods remind me of home (Nebraska) and my childhood. Thanks Mom and Dad for a one of kind gift from the heart.


1 comment:

Sister Susie said...

One of my favorite cookbooks is one I got from a family whom I baby sat their children (while I was in high school.) When I graduated, her gift to me was a paper folder with her best recipes and a picture of her 2 boys that I took care of while sitting for her.
It has been 40 years and I still have it!
Susan