Friday, January 22, 2010

My dream last night about my sister Joan

I had the weirdest dream last night that I was going to the Vancouver BC Olympics with my sister Joan. The weird part wasn't that I was going to the Olympics but it was about going with my sister Joan. This is a real struggle for me to even BLOG about this subject but as painful as this is I think this dream had a message. Maybe it is the Holy Spirit working through it to give me insight of reconciliation.

So lets back up way up to about the end of June 2000 (yes that is almost 10 years ago) The family was all together to attend the funeral of my nephew Adam. (my other sister Joyce's son) Adam was murdered. He was 20 years old. It was a time of sorrow and it was a time to rejoice that Adam was with Jesus and he could never be hurt again. Anyway my sister Joan and her family left soon after the services and from that point on she decided to not communicate with the family.

Lets go back a little bit further to our childhood. I am about 15 months older than Joan. Joan and I were so close in fact I ended up in the same grade with Joan after I had a tough time in school due to many ill related issues. So everyone thought that we were twins. Joan had dark hair and green eyes and I had blond hair an blue eyes but it didn't matter we were sisters, yes we fought but most of the time we played really well. We were like inseparable. We shared a bedroom too. Joan even introduced to me via a blind date to my husband Marvin as she was dating Marvin's good friend Mike whom she is married too.

Lets jump back to the year 2000 when my sister Joan decided not to talk to me or other family members. We do not really know why. It is not that I haven't tried to contact to her because I have written letters, sent emails and even called and left messages. Still nothing. In the last 10 years she has missed my kids graduations, their marriages and my grandchildren. The biggest thing that she missed though is my spiritual growth. I have also missed out on the same with her family. So to get to the point she is choosing not to speak to me.

Back to the dream. In my dream I knew that we had not seen each other for a long time so I was so excited to see her. We met each other and were watching the parade. I had to go to the restroom and she said he would wait for me and then we were going to go shopping. She was not there when I came out and I searched everywhere for her and I could not find her. I was crying so hard and than I woke up. What could this mean?

I have prayed every night that she will come back to me. Although I know that if she does it will not be easy. But I am ready she just needs to call me.

We are woven from the same fabric.

In the picture below from left to right Joan, Janet(me) and Joyce

1 comment:

Sara Cowan said...

While taking a closer look at this pic, I truly can say Jeremy is a dead ringer for you. I told Kayla that it looks like Daddy wearing a dress, but that it was really Nana. She giggled. : )