Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I have to admit I am struggling

I am still on chapter 1 Love is patient. Maybe I am just being too hard on myself I don't know. I am trying to use this in my daily life not only with my spouse but with everything. I am really being challenged. But today I realized thanks to my friend Julie that working with my spouse is much more important. So tomorrow I am moving onto chapter 2 which is Love is kind. The love dare is "In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, so at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness"
The scripture that goes with this dare is
"Be kind to another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you" Ephesians 4:32

2 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

I think your friend is right. Since it is a love dare marriage book, I think you should just concentrate your efforts on hubby.
Sometimes our own family is the hardest ones for us to show love to since our relationships are so constant, but once we get that down I think the others come easier
somehow.
Will be praying for you Janet.
Blessings, Nellie

Janet said...

Thank you Nellie for the encouragement and prayers.