Thursday, January 15, 2009

This New Year is flying

Wow time is really getting away from me. I am not very good at Blogging. My 49th birthday on December 31st was great. The office girls made my day a special one. We had some delicious creme puffs and raspberries. When I got home my hubby had made me an angel food cake and frosted brownies. It was a very special day. I stayed up until 9:00 and woke up around midnight when the fireworks started. So the new year came in with a bang literally.

No resolutions this year for me. I am starting to exercise and watch what I eat. This is a lifestyle change not a resolution. As I start this new year I remind myself of how I have been blessed with family and friends.

We just started a new bible study on "Making your life count" This week we learned importance vs urgency. I just love our church and our Pastor. I am working on the nine ways to be like Jesus; the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. I have a lot of work to do.

This year has also brought another deployment for our son-in-law Matt. It is so hard on Jennifer and the kids as well as Matt. We are here to support them in any way we can.

I am going to close now so I can get ready for a girls night out fondue and Birthday party (I will get presents) .

God Bless you all and I will try to update weekly.

No comments: